- To ensure remunerative prices to producers of horticultural crops.
- To free both consumers and producers from the clutches of middleman.
- To ensure quality supply of fruits and vegetables at reasonable prices to consumers.
- To expand marketing and cold storage facilities progressively for the benefit of farmers.
- To promote development of horticulture on scientific lines by providing necessary inputs and technical advice.
The Horticultural Producers’ Co-operative Marketing and Processing Society Ltd. or HOPCOMS was established with the principal objective of establishing a proper system for the marketing of fruits and vegetables; one that benefits both the farming community and the consumers. Prior to the establishment of HOPCOMS, no proper system existed in Karnataka for the marketing of horticultural produce. Farmers were in the clutches of the middlemen and the system benefited neither the farmers nor the consumers.